Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My life Continued

I am going to skip a little of my dark side and my health problems now and talk about some of the neat things I did as a child. I know this will be much different than what kids do now and they would probably think it is dumb but in looking back, I consider it some of the funnest times we had.

My cousin and I liked to play up in the attic. My grandma kept his bench saw up there and it was fun to play with the shavings. it could also be scary up there as there were wasps and big flies up there and it was very hot in the summer and you had to be relly care of where you stepped otherwise you would go through the attic floor as on the side it was very weak.  We used to find all kinds of old paper dolls up there and old valentines. And even some stuff up there that my Grandpa hid that my grandma did not want him to have.

There was a large ditch in front of my granadma's house. We like to wade in it. It tall poplar trees all around it. One time my cousin threw my nicets doll into the ditch. For what reason I will never know other than being jealouse. We liked to walk down to the Sanpitch River and wade and once saw a horse skull and stepped on some glass. He to run bacl to grandmaaa's and she put pepper on the blood that was coming out and slow the blood and quadulate it. That how she did it back then.

We like to sleep on her large front porch at night and listen to the moquitoes and look at the neon light up the road with Phillips 66 sign all aglow. Those happy sunny days of long ago, how did they pass so quickly?

1 comment:

Tulabell said...

Life is so interesting when you are a child! I loved the sound of misquitoes and the smells of summer etc. I don't hardly notice them any more, isn't that sad? I guess cause the world around us isn't new any longer. You should have seen my first reaction to seeing a fire fly this past summer though. It was like being a kid all over again.

It's Been a Long Long Time

It's been a long time since I've written in this blog since I've written here I have moved from Pleasant Grove to Salt Lake City...