Friday, June 8, 2012

Old Days and Changes

I can't help sometimes thinking about the the especially summers. I miss the sound of cruickets, the moon and stars, sleeping outside, gathering cat tails, sitting outside and counting the few cars that venture down out street.  Sometimes I hate progress. Our little town with its dirt roads, where did they go? In school we played jacks and jump rope and tether ball. We brought heavy metal skates with a key so we could skate. We played games like, Anty Ey Over, Butcher Boy, Colored Eggs and much more. Tag was another.

Sometimes I with I was born in the 30's.  When I read about all fun things my mom did with her cousins in her small neighborhood and even when she moved around so much seemed a lot more fun that today or even in my day. I liked the music more then too. Why do we always think other times were better?  I don't know but right now the way this place has changed so much, I would really just like to move away from here and try someplace else!

No comments:

It's Been a Long Long Time

It's been a long time since I've written in this blog since I've written here I have moved from Pleasant Grove to Salt Lake City...